On May 10, 2021, LFJ will join in with lupus groups across the world as we observe World Lupus Day 2021 under the theme MAKE LUPUS VISIBLE. We will be leveraging community and media partners, the power of social media as well as staging of a special free online event Unmasking The Many Faces of Lupus.
You can help the effort by sharing your story as a person living with lupus:
Just record a short video/videos, 30 seconds or less for each one or more of the following topics:
- Introduce yourself, eg, "I am -------, I am ------- years old, and I have lupus"
- When/how were you diagnosed?
- How are you doing now? What is your strategy to survive or thrive with lupus?
- How long have you been a member of the LFJ? Would you encourage other lupus warriors to join, and why?
You can make your own recording with your camera or smartphone Send in your recording to email@example.com by April 30, 2021.
Having difficulty? We can help you! Just visit the Lupus Foundation Learning Centre (7 Barbados Ave) on Monday April 26, 2021 or Thursday April 29 between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm and one of our volunteers can assist you with the recording.
Disclaimer: Your video is not guaranteed to be selected for the programme due to limited time slots available. Your video might be edited to tighten your story. By submitting your video, you have expressly given the Lupus Foundation Jamaica the permission to use your recording for current and future promotions and awareness events conducted by the Lupus Foundation Jamaica.
TIPS FOR RECORDING AT HOME:
If you are doing your own recording, please note the following tips for a great video:
1. Do not do a selfie holding your camera with your hand. The footage can often be shaky and jarring to the viewer's eyes.
2. Film in a quiet place away from loud noises like traffic, dogs barking or people shouting.
3. Ensure your face is lit by turning on a lamp and pointing it toward your face or filming facing a window.
4. Do not film yourself far away from the camera. You will sound better the closer you are to the video.
5. Read the questions and familiarize yourself with your answers before recording.
6. Ensure the video is in focus so we can see you clearly.
7. Lastly, relax, be yourself and speak from the heart.